Georgie's high protein breakfast omelette with tuna and vegetables
Here’s the next recipe to help inspire you to start the day with a high protein breakfast. It helps to regulate your blood sugars for the day which is very important for those trying to conceive.
Omelettes are high in protein, quick to make and super nutritious with a few added extras.
- 4 eggs
- 1 small tin of tuna
- 1 handful of chopped baby spinach.
- 1 cup of left over cooked veggies from the night before
- Your choice of oil
- Beat eggs in a bowl
- Strain tuna and add to bowl
- Add vegetables and spinach to bowl
- Preheat large pan on stove to medium heat with some oil
- Pour egg mixture into pan
- Cook until egg is firm and golden
- Georgie had chopped up pumpkin and broccoli, but any leftover vegetables are good and help you meet the daily recommended intake of vegetables of 5 serves per day
- 1 serve = half a cup of cooked vegetables or 1 cup of raw
- Georgie used 4 eggs as she was sharing with her little one Sunny but any leftovers are delicious cold or heated for morning tea or lunch!